ABOUT RUBICON INFRASTRUCTURE ADVISORS
The cornerstone of our business model and strategy is developing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with our clients and partners.
As an investment banking advisory firm, we are strategically focused on the infrastructure, energy & utilities sectors globally. Partnering with investors and corporations worldwide, we provide extensive expertise in sustainable financing for the 21st century.
Since its inception in 2011, Rubicon has closed over 40 transactions covering the sale, acquisition or refinancing of approximately 100 essential infrastructure, energy & utilities assets located across Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia with a combined enterprise value in excess of USD $35 billion.
Rubicon was founded by Conor Kelly and a core team of experienced professionals from the global investment banking sector.
The firm has demonstrated strong growth since its foundation and now has offices in Dublin, New York, London, Madrid and Bogotá with a new office opening in Sydney in 2019.
Our team has grown to over 45 professionals who cover all key infrastructure, energy & utilities sectors and offer a full range of investment banking services with a deep sectoral knowledge across the various asset classes.
Global Depth of Experience
With a presence in Dublin, New York, London, Madrid & Bogotá, along with an anticipated office opening soon in Sydney, Rubicon has a global mandate covering all key infrastructure, energy & utilities sectors. Indicative of its global status, Rubicon has closed transactions in over 15 countries across 4 continents.
No matter the region, asset or sector, Rubicon has the requisite depth and breadth of expertise and experience across the firm to provide the same premium and professional service to its clients globally.
Offices Opening in 2019
Rubicon’s Global Position
- Leading Advisor. Since its formation in 2011, Rubicon has experienced significant growth, and now ranks ahead of many of the largest banks and accounting firms as one of the world’s leading infrastructure, energy & utilities investment-banking advisory firms.
- International Coverage. Rubicon has over 50 professionals in 5 countries focusing solely on the global infrastructure, energy and utilities markets providing clients with comprehensive financial advice and a premium and professional service.
- Solid Track Record. Since inception, Rubicon has closed on over 40 transactions covering 100 assets with a combined enterprise value in excess of USD $35 billion covering 4 continents.
- Top Rankings.
- #1 Global Financial Advisor for the 2-year period between 2016 and 2017 by Mergermarket Group for the number of M&A and refinancing deals closed in core operating infrastructure.
- #2 Global Financial Advisor for the same period by Mergermarket Group for number of brownfield PPP refinancings closed.
- Since its inception in 2011, Rubicon has been a leading advisor within the Spanish market, closing more infrastructure deals than any other firm, including the major banks and accounting firms.
- Global Relationships. Rubicon has achieved its top rankings working for or with many of the most active and recognized developers and investors globally.
- Global. Rubicon advised a major global developer on a $750 million equity raise for a $6 billion enterprise value portfolio of essential infrastructure assets across the transmission, transportation and renewable sectors located in Brazil, India, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Italy and the USA.
- Europe. Iridium, the concession business of Grupo ACS (one of the world's top contractors), hired Rubicon to advise it on numerous occasions, including the sale of an infrastructure asset and two debt refinancings.
- Europe. The joint venture of BAM-PPP and PGGM mandated Rubicon to refinance 5 separate European PPP transactions, including the only one in Switzerland, and is currently working with Rubicon on two more similar assignments.
- Ireland / UK. Rubicon has closed a number of different transactions, including as the sell-side advisor in the sale of the Convention Centre Dublin, the acquisition and subsequent financing of a portfolio of telecom towers and the sale of two large-scale wind farms, one each onshore and offshore.
- North America. Rubicon has worked with Cintra and Meridiam on their successful bid for the US$3.6 billion I-66 managed lanes project in Virginia. Separately, Rubicon advised JLIF on its exclusive acquisition and financing of the Connecticut Service Plaza PPP.
- Latin America. Rubicon has active mandates for infrastructure and energy transactions across the continent and recently closed a buy-side advisory for a USD $1.5+ billion investment in a transportation asset on behalf of a global institutional investor.
We foster a culture of creativity; a value reflected in our work with our clients.
In rapidly changing markets, there is a need to uncover new ideas and original methods to structure transactions.
All our work is undertaken with an end goal in mind, success for our clients.
Our clients are at the centre of all that we do.
Good working relationships are integral to our success. We strive to ensure that we treat all people with dignity and respect in all our dealings.
We understand that our greatest asset is our people. It is our people that will deliver outstanding service and results to our clients.
Integrity plays a key role in our activities. We promise to act honestly and fairly in all operations we engage in. We guarantee to provide impartial and objective advice for each client’s needs.
Confidentiality & Trust
We understand the crucial importance of privacy, confidentiality and trust. We take our legal & regulatory obligations very seriously.